Your privacy is critically important to us. We have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your application is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Hello! We are the company behind SnappyForge.com, a service designed to allow anyone to create and manage a web application to collect, store, and modify information. We believe that companies and individuals should be able to build rich web based applications to help track information for a variety of purposes.
- The SnappyForge mobile app
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Free Account Information: We ask for your First and Last Name, Email address and Time Zone in order to set up your account.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you become a SnappyForge subscriber, you must provide a phone number and payment information that is required to process the payment. That billing information is not collected or stored by us, but is sent to Stripe.com for processing.
- Content and Data: When data is entered into a SnappyForge application we can access it. If you choose to publish your form or application to 'Open Access', then anyone with access to the Internet can access it as well.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our Support team or post a question about your application in our public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: We collect information that web browsers, mobile devides and servers typically make available such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our services-like creating or making changes to your application on SnappyForge.com, or using a SnappyForge.com application.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that application administrators and users perform on an application. In other words, who did what, when and to what thing on an application (e.g. User 1 deleted row 20 from application 30 at date/time). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services, like page views, button clicks, etc. We use this information to make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may terermine the approximate location of your device from your IP Address. We collect and use this information to, for example, caculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system's permissions).
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your SnappyForge.com account through another service (like Google or Facebook) or if you connect your account to a social media service (like Twitter), we will receive information from that service such as your username, email, and basic profile information. This is done using the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users, which we may use for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your applications and forms, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their applications and forms more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of SnappyForge and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by SnappyForge and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on SnappyForge and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about WordPress.com users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SnappyForge, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your application.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information or other content that you make public on your application, and your “data” on other applications that use our Services, are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable our advanced security settings, like Two Step Authentication.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid, premium themes–may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like automatic TimeZone conversion, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, SnappyForge does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using SnappyForge’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of SnappyForge’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
SnappyForge is a worldwide service. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Version 1: 5/8/2018 Change log